Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Odds and Ends


 Here we have a recently finished Baueda 25mm WWII piece from their skirmish line.  I just painted it on a lark to see what they were like.  The display piece was fun and I enjoyed the painting process.  The figure is a bit "Heroically scaled" for my taste, but well sculpted.


I have yet to play the skirmish game, but a friend has a bunch painted up so I'll give it a go before too long.


I used a snow product from Noch to detail the base.  It is great for a light dusting of snow, but I'm not sure if it would work well to represent deep snow.

Mindstalkers


Here we have a 40mm figure for the game Mindstalkers.  Scalecreep miniatures currently has the whole line of superb minis on clearance at 75% off.  I've never played the game itself and suspect it is a bit dead, but with figures like these I may just make up my own rules for a fun skirmish fantasy game.


I painted these miniatures a couple of years ago and didn't realize until I had taken these pictures how dusty they had gotten.  Live and learn!


The Pavise design is that of lady luck.  I tried to give it a two-dimensional Medieval look and was somewhat pleased with the result, though freehand painting has never been my forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment