Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Old School Dapol English Cottage



 I've always liked this cottage ever since I saw it in the Airfix guide to Napoleonic Wargaming by Bruce Quarrie.  It seemed like every time I turned around I would see it again in someone else's games, so I finally asked Matt of The Hinton Spieler blog fame where he got his.  Turns out it is available from Dapol and is dirt cheap.  It's actually a very nice little kit, to which I added the stone wall and critters, but here we have it.  There is just enough room for a full battalion of infantry to crowd in behind the walls.


 https://www.dapol.co.uk/c020-thatched-cottage-553


Some Russian Grenadiers scaring away the livestock!

3 comments:

  1. It's better than mine, David! You realise you'll have to get the pub and the church now too....

    WM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only until you paint your own I'm sure! I have the church and the windmill waiting unpainted in the wings, but didn't know there was a pub. You would think I would have found the pub first! Thanks again for letting me know ho made these wonderful little models.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful building, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete