Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Louis Baraguey d'Hilliers in 54mm Painted by Rob

Some time ago, in a somewhat brazen act of imposition, I asked if some of my fellow Hinton Hunt collectors would be interested in showing off their painting skills by painting a 54mm Hinton Hunt or Stadden figure and sending it to me as a memento of our friendship.  Aly was the first to complete the task, (https://miniatureminions.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-first-of-54s-classic-marcus-hinton.html), with Rob fast on his heals.  While I am waiting on a plinth for display, I simply could not resist going ahead and posting some pictures of this magnificent piece.  Thank you Rob!!!

I will let Rob's work on this figure speak for itself.










And y'all thought he was engrossed in a map of the battlefield...

Just a final word of thanks to Rob for his magnificent work on this classic figure.  I am truly lucky to have such friends!




9 comments:

  1. This reminds of a New Yorker Magazine Cartoon of two men looking at a very similar painting at an art sale. Man1: Will you buy it?”. Man 2: “I’m turning it over in mind”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! - I hate to say how long it took me to get that. At least this way it's just PG-13. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic paint job - well done Rob! Many similar figures available from https://traditionoflondonshop.com/ who have been really helpful to me, check out my blog for nowhere near as good painted 54mm and larger figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received a Traditions hardbound catalogue from the '60s from a friend's Dad's estate, which was super helpful in identifying some of these older sculpts.

      Delete
  3. Splendid work …
    The ‘map’ is inspired as is the carpet painted on the base…
    Well done Rob.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really did go above and beyond. I owe you both!

      Delete
  4. Nice work Rob and great to see the general taking some well earned r&r!

    ReplyDelete