Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2024

An Austro-Hungarian Fusilier Tour de Force!

My good friend Terry Webb did me the honor of painting one of the 54mm Hinton Hunt figures I recently acquired.  I am still amazed at the generosity of friends who were willing to paint these for me and add to the Hinton Hunt collection started by Richard Tennant.  In any event and without further ado, I give to you Hinton Hunt S. 11 Hungarian Infantry in 54mm.  All of the basing and fencing is handcrafted by Terry as of course is the paintwork.
















The level of detail in this display is beyond anything I could have imagined, and speaks to the joy Terry feels in creation.  This piece, as indeed all of the painted gifts I have received, are truly the treasure of the collection.  Thanks to you all!




12 comments:

  1. Super work on a lovely figure, top notch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly lucky to have such talented friends!

      Delete
  2. A very impressive bit of painting and modelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made my attempt somewhat simple looking for sure!

      Delete
  3. Amazing attention to detail from the piping down the breeches to the petals on the flowers, and even smoke issuing from the pipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would know Rob. The brush work on D'Hilliers is simply superb!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful… and a splendid addition to your collection David.
    Well done Terry…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Aly. I'm glad your Voltigeur has some suitable company now!

      Delete
  5. Excellent figure and posing and what a terrific collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Thanks to a lot of folks it just keeps getting better and better!

      Delete