Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Guerillas Not so Much in the Mist, but Out in the Open!

 Well these fine gentlemen have bee in the works a very long time, but they have finally stepped out of their hiding place in the rocks of the Spanish mesas to give us a glimpse.  Of course the French were in hot pursuit as ever!

Two more skirmish units for the upcoming Mesas de Ibor battle, well at least the guerillas will be there...


This is my favorite stand of Guerillas, with a British naval officer painted as a Spanish guerilla leader.  He is a genuine HH casting, as is the converted British light infantryman.  The Guerilla on the right is my favorite pose of the poses, here recast by Der Kriegspieler.

Another original HH figure is a British sailor with the addition of a crown to his straw hat.  I was surprised at how closely the British sailors garb mimicked peasant Spanish wear.  The other two are Der Kriegspieler.

From the rear you can see the sddition of a Spanish blanket to the British light infantryman, just to give him a bit more Spanish flair.

One of the most distinctive features of the Spanish guerillas is the soft footwear with leather straps on the ankle and knee length pants.

I didn't really need another unit of elite Voltigeurs, but i got these as part of a larger purchase and they were so well painted I couldn't resist spiffing them up a bit to match my collection.  They will serve as a dedicated skirmish unit to the combined Grenadier battalions.


Of course I now have way to many elite voltigeurs in my army, but why not, those colpaks are just so cool, though they had to be really hot in Spain!

Before I start in on the 4 remaining battalions of Spanish infantry that need to be glossified and spiffed up, I'm going to finish this unit of Burgundian Pikemen for Never Mind the Billhooks.


I purchased these pre-painted men at arms last weekend at our local wargaming convention, Nashcon.  All I'm doing is adding a new flag and changing the livery to Burgundy.  I have some more heavy foot knights from the Agincourt French Infantry box that should make up the missing four figures nicely.  My good friend Ed provided the 3D printed movement tray for both this unit and the Pikemen..


There have been some nice changes to my painting space recently.  Here you can see I was able to add a standing desk for the two layered painting space that helps me to look up while painting rather than hunch down!

I also managed to find an old media cabinet that makes excellent storage for finished projects.  I do need to make a ton of new shelves though to maximize the display space.


Lastly, I have been repairing and cleaning the table and organizing the surrounding space which stores my pile of shame for the most part.  The lightbox breaks down for easy storage on the shelves behind the table.





No comments:

Post a Comment