Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2017

WWII 105mm German howitzer emplacement - Bolt Action


This is the German 105mm Howitzer set with a few additional pieces for the sandbag bunker and storage by Baueda.


I entered this set in the painting contest for the historical category at the Siege of August this past January.  I was sure that if I won anything it would be with the limber in my previous post, but surprisingly, this set won a first place prize and the siege bucks given as a prize were quickly spent on some Testudo 28mm knights for a battle of Tannenberg (Grunwald) project. Had a great time at Siege by the way so come visit Augusta Georgia if you can next January!


Lots of nice accessories are included in the Bolt Action set - everything but instructions.  I searched their site high and low but there were no instructions to be found for this piece, though I found instructions for about everything else they make.  Hopefully I got it put together correctly!


Feuer!

2 comments:

  1. WHat an impressive sandbag bunker...and gun! Very nicely done sir...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. While the bunker was easy, the gun and the gunners seemed to take forever....

    ReplyDelete