Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Bolt Action Stg III


My air compressor is out of commission so I have been enjoying a low tech approach to painting tanks and have come to the conclusion that I can actually do a more skillful job with a brush, than I can with a spray nozzle.  I've always loved the look of the sturmgeschutz, so this was a fun model to paint.


The mud splatter is what happens when your thumb and a toothbrush dipped in paint collide.  It's a little unpredictable, but can yield nice results.  Probably should have dirtied up the wheels a bit more, but maybe the crew just washed them to keep the tracks running smoothly.



The stowage on the back is actually a bunch of wooden crates from the 20mm FAA line, along with some jerry cans, drive wheels and a camouflage net folded up and glued in place.  It was a Pegasus product I believe, but essentially nothing more than died cheesecloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment