Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

25mm Napoleonic Sampler for DBN


My Napoleonic miniatures languished for many years inside the dark recesses of their cardboard coffins, but my discovery of DBN, a rules set for napoleonics based on the DBA (De Bellis Antiquitatis) principles has breathed new life into that era for me. I have chosen to double base the troops using bases twice the size of the 15mm bases. This makes for elements of eight infantry (for Line), while I have stuck to the cavalry recomendations of 3 or 4 figures per element. An element represents about 2000 infantry. Thus I have been frantically rebasing my old figures for DBN, while adding new units as well.






First - the old, good, bad and ugly: These are really old minifigs that I tried to spruce up a bit when I rebased them. Lord only knows how many coats of paint they have.










Below are a few samples of Hinchliffe French units that I have been trying to make presentable while not completely stripping off all the old paint. These were originally painted when I was about 14 years old...a mere thirty years ago.

Now for the good stuff: A mix of Perry, Foundry and Front Rank:















Of course no army would be complete without the big cheses, so here they are in all their glory, including his highness, the biggest cheese:



No comments:

Post a Comment