Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I found a couple more photos that I wanted to share. You can't help but love a guy comfortable enough to take the field in yellow boots.


I believe this is the Front Rank figure for Uxbridge, but I'm not sure of that. At any rate I painted him as a commander of Hussars from an Illustration In Phillip Haythornthwaite's book on Waterloo or the Peninsular War. Below are some British heavy dragoons. My standard line is that they are from 1812 and the officers were still sticking to their traditional bicornes during the year that they received their new helmets. The truth is that I had two figures with helmets and two without. I like my story though and I'm sticking to it.

If anyone out there in blog world can tell me why some of my photographs will enlarge when clicked and some won't, I'd love to know the secret. I hope these will enlarge so you can get a good look.

No comments:

Post a Comment