Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Waterloo Farm - Airfix Style

 So I don't usually post about my purchases, but I found this one going relatively cheap and just thought it was high time I build it.  I am strangely excited about finally adding this iconic kit to my collection of scenery for the Napoleonic collection.  I'm very glad Airfix chose to model just the farm and not the entire Hougemont complex (edit - La Haye Sainte, not Hougemont - Thank you Rob.  I knew that, once upon a time...), as that would have made it enormous.  As it is, I think it will be a good size for the wargames table.  We shall see once I get it assembled...





10 comments:

  1. The Airfix Waterloo Farmhouse is modelled on La Haye Sainte and not Hougoumont - so hopefully you've got the KGL 2nd Light Battalion to defend it?
    I still haven't made mine up yet, so I'll be watching yours with interest as I'm looking to have removable roofs to put figures inside and even an intact and a ruined roof for when the building gets pummelled or set alight. I several part sets to cannibalise for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2nd KGL is neatly tucked away in the metal mountain. They should see the light of day in the next decade or so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a better result, you can attach the truss to a base and add doors, windows and shutters that you can find in a model railway store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure there will be a few custom additions. Just hope I don't get carried away!

      Delete
  4. A classic building David…
    I look forward to seeing what you do…
    And then I may copy you 🤣

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my life goals is to model something you want to copy Aly! :)

      Delete
  5. I have built this kit three times but sadly have disposed of them all. The last (and best one) went to Australia of all places. Look forward to your take on the kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Hopefully I'll make it look good enough that I want to keep it!

      Delete
  6. That's a real blast form the past, I had this myself at one time in the distant past but long gone, will look forward to seeing your work on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already put together, but now the challenging work begins!

      Delete