Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2023

54mm Hinton Hunt and Stadden Figures

 I trust I am not the only military modelling enthusiast who has this problem, but in a moment of weakness I decided I could not pass on this lot of 54mm figures I discovered on eBay.  Some are in need of repair, but on the whole, not too bad for 50-60 year old figures.  If any of you grognards and collectors out there can help confirm my IDs or give them an ID for the few that are missing, I'd very much appreciate the help.  I have some Hinton Hunt catalogues and Tradition catalogues for the Stadden figures, but there are not always photographs available, so in some cases the ID is by process of elimination.

I'm sending these to fellow collectors who would like to take a crack at an old 54mm figure, with the hope that I can have a painted memento of the folks who I have met and corresponded with as I have been working on the Tennant/Crenshaw Collection.  One of these days I hope to have contributed enough in volume and style to call it the Crenshaw/Tennant collection, but there is a long way to go yet!  In any event if you would like to take a crack at one of these, let me know and I will arrange postage to you and back to me when appropriate.  It will be fun to post pictures of the finished figures as they come in.

 S 373 Hinton Hunt Russian Cuirassier

S 335 Hinton Hunt Tirailleurs de Po

S 181 Hinton Hunt Voltigeur - Correction: Legion Piedmontaise ou du Midi Voltigeur. 

S 388 Hinton Hunt (set of 2) British Dragoon Officer

S 388 Hinton Hunt (set of 2) British Dragoon Trooper

Stadden - World War I personality figure?  This looks almost exactly like the figure for Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovitch in the Uniform of the 17th Hussar Regiment, but the hand and head positioning is different. 

Confirmed - S122 Hinton Hunt Crimean War Highlander from the 71st Light Infantry


Nice that it is a historical period late enough to have an actual source photograph!


AA3 Hinton Hunt Zulu War British Private

Unknown - Missing standard

Stadden - British Peninsular soldier with dog

Stadden - Crimean War Russian Infantry Officer

Stadden - French Private in Shako 1804 - 1812 Fusilier

Stadden - General De Hilliers in Dragoon Uniform

Stadden - Gunner RHA 1815

Stadden - French Line Cavalry Hussar 

Stadden French Line Cavalry Trumpeter in Parade Dress

S 10 Hinton Hunt 1809-1815 Austrian 'German' Infantry


4 comments:

  1. I may, errr, have a friend who bought a batch of Stadden 54mm Napoleonic figures last year. They were going cheap, apparently, or so he says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't surprise me. They are nice classic figures, but their main value, I would guess, is nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. S122 is a 71st Light Infantryman…
    I will email you a picture.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. Love the photo and have added it to the blog post.

      Delete